5 Makeup Products That Cost More Than GOLD


Hey Everyone!

Over the course of the past month that I have started this blog, the most eye opening thing I have learnt during this process are that some prices of make up products cost more than gold! Even though I only have 8 brands in the Price Per Ounce Database right now, I've noticed that certain products such as brow pencils, eyeliners and lipliners have similar to higher prices than precious metals! 


Current Price of Gold on February 26, 2013: $1610.40/ ounce (courtesy of Goldprice.org)

5. NARS Eyeliner Stylo 
  • Liquid Eyeliner
  • Retail Price: $27.00
  • Price Per Ounce: $1350.00


4. MAC Cremestick Liner
  • Lip Liner
  • Retail Price: $15.00
  • Price Per Ounce: $1666.67
3.  Hourglass Arch Brow Sculpting Pencil 
  • Brow Pencil
  • Retail Price: $32.00
  • Price Per Ounce: $2285.71
2. Hourglass Trace Lip Liner
  • Lip Liner
  • Retail Price: $28.00
  • Price Per Ounce: $3500.00
1. MAC Eye Brows
  • Brow Pencil 
  • Retail Price: $15.00
  • Price Per Ounce: $5000.00

Did this change the way you look at makeup? Leave a comment down below of your reaction! 

Check out the Beauty Database for the price per ounce for other makeup products here: 
Foundation

Concealer

Illuminator

Bronzer

Blush

Eye Brightener

Eye Shadow

Eye Liner

Mascara

Eye PrimerEye Brow

Lip Gloss

Lipstick

Lip Liner

Lip Balm

Other

12 comments:

  1. Oh my God! That is horrible. Honestly, I don't really go for the crazy expensive makeup anyways, but after seeing this I'm totally convinced that it isn't worth it! Those companies must be laughing and throwing up their money in the air while people buy their products without a second thought.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, It's a hard reality check as a beauty addict! This totally taught me to buy what I REALLY want, and like you said "giving a second thought". Glad you enjoyed the post ;)

      Delete
  2. Not worth it i think, we still can get a good cosmetics with affordable price. nice post hun! <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow the price of MAC!!! Think I need to not buy so much make up in future lol
    Angela x GIG

    http://british-bargains-and-beauty.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hehe I know! I love makeup, but knowing these prices now really make me second guess myself when I impulse buy!

      Delete
  4. not really worth it! i rather go for other cosmetic products!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I totally agree! Once I finish off the brands that are available at Sephora, I'm excited to see what the price per ounce of drugstore products, and see how they compare!

      Delete
  5. TOo expensive. They may have a good quality but I believe there are other better products more worthy with the price.

    http://www.goddessindisguise.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I totally agree! If you do your research ahead of time, there is always a better alternative :)

      Delete
  6. woah, i''m glad i don't over pay for my beauty products. i stick to the drugstore beauty dept, but occasionally get spoiled by family n friends on my birthday with a piece from MAC

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMG, even pricier than gold!!! A shame that I can't cut eyeliners from my routine, my eyes need all the help they can get *sob*

    ReplyDelete
  8. ouch! it will hurt my wallet.. hehehe so expensive.. from gig! :)

    www.swirlsandscribbles.com

    ReplyDelete