Recently Added: Illamasqua Cosmetics

Hey Everyone! Yesterday I added Illamasqua cosmetics into the Beauty Database. I wanted to type up a summary post last night to highlight some key features I found interesting with this collection, but I'm starting to get overwhelmed with school work!

The first item I want to talk about is something I always longed for from Illamasqua. Their Liquid Metal Cream Eye Shadows always stood out to me because they are such a rich, intense formula that swatches very opaque. Unfortunately they are one of the most expensive cream eye shadows in the database at the moment at $520/ounce despite a reasonable price tag of $26. To give you a better idea of how expensive this is, a MAC Paint Pot ($18.50) is $108.82/ounce and a Make Up For Ever Aqua Cream ($23.00) is $109.52/ ounce.


 













Image from http://www.anonymous-beautyholic.com                   
Illamasqua Liquid Metal
Next, Illamasqua's Eye Liner Cake ($24.00) is something that stood out to me. It is something that very little brands offer. It is essentially a pressed powder eyeliner where you wet an angle brush and creates almost a liquid liner consistency. Some comparable eyeliners are MAC Liquid Eye Liner ($18.50) at $220.24/ ounce and Urban Decay's 24/7 Waterproof Liquid Eyeliner ($19.00) at  $327.59/ ounce. Therefore at $160/ ounce, Illamasqua's Eye Liner Cake is definitely not too expensive to play around with compared to liquid eye liners from similar high end brands.
Illamasqua Eye Liner Cake
Let me know in the comments below what you think about Illamasqua! I'd love to read about it!
And don’t forget to check out the The Beauty Database here:

Foundation

Concealer

Illuminator

Bronzer

Blush

Eye Brightener

Eye Shadow

Eye Liner

Mascara

Eye Primer

Eye Brow

Lip Gloss

Lipstick

Lip Liner

Lip Balm

Other

No comments:

Post a Comment